We all love coconut based curries and chutney. Today we made the very special and famous Kerala Style Coconut Fish Curry called Meen Moilee. Using Adiral Premium cold pressed coconut oil. The first Choice, 100% Natural and pure with no preservatives or additive chemicals.
Adiral Cold Pressed Coconut oil
Fish – 500g (Use Surmai or Seer Fish), Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp, Pepper powder – 1 tsp, Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp For preparation : Onion – 1 (medium size), Ginger – 1 piece (1.5″ size), Garlic – 6, Shallots – 6 (medium size), Green chilli – 5, Tomato – 1 (medium size), Curry leaves,
Thick coconut milk (first extract) – 1 cup, Thin coconut milk (second extract) – 2 cup, Cardamom-2, Cloves – 3, Cinnamon – 2 pieces, Turmeric powder – 2 pinch, Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp, Crushed pepper – 1 tsp, Vinegar – 1 1/2 tbsp, Salt
Fun Fact: Fish Meen Moilee is popularly named after a lady who modified the fiery hot Kerala style fish curry to a little milder version to suit the palate of the Britishers.
- Add all the ingredients for marinating the fish in a bowl and mix well.
- Marinate the fish for 30 minutes
For the Curry
- Heat adiral cold pressed coconut oil in a pan.
- Slightly fry the marinated fish in the oil and take out on plate and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add curry leaves and green chilies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic and fry till onion turn pinkish.
- Add tomatoes and cook for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, black pepper powder and red chilly powder and cook for a minute.
- Add thin coconut milk and bring the curry to a boil.
- Drop in the fish pieces once the curry comes to a boil.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add thick coconut milk and tamarind paste and cook for a minute.
- Add garam masala and mix well.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Plate it with Appams or steamed rice. We also added few edible flowers for a fragrant garnishing.
The entire recipe video will be out soon on our Instagram IGTV and youtube channel. Till then enjoy the easy recipes with adiral cold pressed oils.
- “Adiral the first choice“. A product by Adisaso, Made in India we trust in the maxim “Wellbeing is Wealth” As we might want to take a decent consideration of our clients with quality products and consumer expectations. Adiral Cold Pressed Oils will always have a scintillating flavour and aroma while cooking. Adiral follows the traditional cold pressed method, assuring nutritional qualities originally and naturally. .
- You can shop ” Adiral – The First Choice” – ” Cold Pressed Oils” at https://adisaso.com/shop/ and also on https://www.amazon.in/stores/PremiumColdPressedOils/page/04451175-8174-4F0E-B05E-3A7153387540?ref_=ast_bln and flipkart
- Adiral a Brand by Adisaso Global – https://www.adisasoglobal.com